Monday, February 27, 2012

Nine Weeks (or, another week closer to the safe zone)

It seems that we're in the minority in terms of sharing the news of our pregnancy so very early.  Granted, we're inching ever closer to the second trimester - hoping, hoping, hoping we won't regret having made it public so early.  Nothing as of yet has given us any reason to worry. 

I've actually felt great physically this past week - the nausea and exhaustion have let up, which is a relief.  I'm still tired, but not nearly so much so as I was for the first month or so. 

It would be lovely if the health insurance situation would resolve itself so easily and quickly.  My current policy (which doesn't cover prenatal care) ends tomorrow, and the appropriate paperwork has yet to be shuffled for anything to take its place.  It's terrifying, but I'm trying to believe that everything will work out as it should.  October 1st feels about as tangible as the moon, but it's a very small amount of time in the grand scheme of things.  Seven months ago, I was starting at Trader Joe's and enjoying Lake Huron.  Seven months and a few days in the other direction, I'll be holding a baby if all goes as planned.  All that to say, while I'm losing sleep over the idea of not having health insurance for four months, it will most likely fly by so quickly I'll barely have time to think about it.

Three things that have made me happy lately:

  • 100% cranberry juice, and the realization that I have a much easier time drinking enough water when the two are combined
  •  Family dinners.  We've had two in the past week, and they've been both delicious and enjoyable.  
  • Daily showers.  I haven't been a daily shower-er for years, but pregnancy seems to result in greasier hair and therefore hair that requires more frequent washing.  Showers are warm, cozy, relaxing, and comparatively cheap retreats from the world. Lush bar shampoo makes the experience that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment