Sunday, February 19, 2012

Seven weeks, six days

We ('we' either referring to Chris and I, or to the critter and I) have our first trip to the doctor tomorrow.

I'm having mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, it's going to be exciting to have the pregnancy "officially" confirmed, and to find out that everything is progressing as it should.  On the other hand, though - there's always the potential for bad/sad news.  And then there's the insurance issues...

I found out Friday that my health insurance does not cover prenatal care.  We're working on fixing the issue - if I can't get on Trader Joe's health insurance before open enrollment in July, I'm going to have to apply for state aid to pay for prenatal care.  I'm very much hoping that I'll be able to get on TJ's insurance for the sake of continuity of care, but Medicaid would quite possibly be cheaper.  I suppose this makes it a win - win situation.  This is what I'm telling myself anyway - we should know more by next week.

On to more positive news though!
  1. Belly bands/BeBands/stretchy hair ties are wonderful things when one's belly begins to make buttoning one's pants uncomfortable and/or impossible.
  2.  As the BabyCenter phone app reminded me a few weeks ago, I won't have to stress about the fact that my stomach's not flat for...oh, almost a year!
  3. While many preggos crave somewhat unhealthy food, spinach, salads, and fruit have been at the top of my list for the past few weeks.  Mac&cheese is delicious, but veggies currently sound better.  
I shall update with more information, post-doc visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment