Monday, September 17, 2012

38 Weeks (or, "a week into 'full term' and still pregnant")

Not much else to report.  I'm dilating, slowly but steadily and have had one round of false labor (two nights ago).  It's to be expected, given that this is my first pregnancy - dilation can begin weeks before actual labor starts, and neither I nor my body know exactly what the experience of going into labor is like.  I'm still working four or five days a week, still running occasionally, and doing my best to get things ready for a baby in the meantime. 

Most of the baby laundry is done, and our second baby shower was yesterday.  We're about as ready as we're going to be now aside from ordering a pump and a few 4oz bottles to use at first.  Oh, and finishing all the remodeling in the apartment...  That almost certainly won't happen before we are three though.  On the bright side, I'll be around all the time to take care of the kiddo while Chris guts the kitchen, moves it into the bedroom, lays a new floor in the now-kitchen, and makes it into a bedroom.  It's going to be a lot of work, but worth it because we'll be able to fit a crib in the bedroom once the switch happens.  He's currently working on re-routing the wiring in both rooms, which is interfering with my need to clean but moving towards something worthwhile in the long run! 

Updates to come as there are updates to be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment