Thursday, November 29, 2012

Broccoli Soup

Now that I'm starting to get the hang of parenting (and that Levi's starting to nap during the day), I'm starting to cook again.  I made great strides in the kitchen while pregnant and not working much, and they were put on hold for the first month and a half of parenthood.  I was lucky if I managed to keep edible things in the house (as opposed to just getting carryout) and there was much re-wearing of previously worn clothing.  ANYWAY...

Broccoli soup, so easy that even I can make it from this 'recipe'

(copied verbatim from Momfilter)
Ariel’s Broccoli Soup
Sauté 1 chopped onion and 1 large carrot in butter and a bit of olive oil
Add peeled potatoes that are quartered or eighthed depending on size of potato, resulting in 2 cups of chopped potatoes
Add broccoli florets and cauliflower if you like, loads of them
Add good quality vegetable stock 
Top up with water so all ingredients are submerged
Add salt, pepper and a touch of cumin
Simmer for 20 minutes
Puree in food processor
Serve with grated parmesan or cheddar on top

    No comments:

    Post a Comment